We know life can be quite an adventure, and we’re here to support you through the ups and downs.
Need help right away?
If you or another person is in distress or in danger of hurting themselves, call the Suicide Prevention Lifeline now.
Modern Health mental wellness platform
Modern Health is a mental wellness platform that gives you and your family access to personalized one-on-one coaching and therapy, group sessions and self-serve resources—at no cost to you.
How the program works
You answer a few questions, and Modern Health develops a personalized care plan to help you better manage stress, reduce anxiety, work through relationship challenges, manage the demands of parenting, improve work performance, support healthy lifestyle choices or set a financial well-being plan. Each member of your family age six and up receives their own sessions.
- Up to eight one-on-one sessions per year with a certified mental health professional or financial well-being coach
- Up to eight one-on-one sessions per year with licensed clinical therapists
- Unlimited Circles group support sessions designed to be safe spaces for sharing and learning with others
- Self-serve resources, including courses on managing stress, resilience, parenting, sleep, building healthy habits, communication and more
- Ongoing well-being assessments
- Download the Modern Health app (App Store, Google Play) on your mobile device, or go to my.joinmodernhealth.com.
- Sign up with your work email and Rivian as your company name. Your work email is used only to verify you are a Rivian employee. Rivian cannot see who has signed up.
- Answer a few questions about your well-being and preferences for care.
- Get your personalized care plan, including a combination of one-on-one coaching and therapy, group sessions and self-serve resources that can help you in your areas of focus.
- To add family members, sign up yourself, and then click Invite Dependents in the Settings menu. Learn more.
Review the FAQs.
Learn about Circles live community sessions.
Visit the Modern Health page on The Current for more resources, including timely articles, tip sheets and webinars.
Sibly coaching app
Sibly is a mental health coaching app to help you and your family manage life’s daily challenges. If you can text, you can use Sibly.
How Sibly works
Once you download the Sibly app, you can text a trained coach who will listen, ask questions and help you think things through.
- Text a coach 24/7, at no cost to you.
- Your texts are secure and private.
- Get help to deal with stress, anxiety, worries, burnout, conflict, bad habits, new habits, low mood, uncertainty, life changes, work challenges, emotions—any issue causing you mild to moderate emotional distress.
- Your coach will also provide ongoing support, follow-up, and regular check-ins, and may suggest other tools for you to use between chat sessions.
- Sibly is available to you—even if you’re not enrolled in a Rivian health plan—and your family members 18 and over
These are live chat conversations with real human beings—not chatbots.
Download the Sibly app, enter the code Rivian21, and start texting.
Find more resources on the Sibly page on The Current.
See what’s happening
In addition to these benefits, we often have live and virtual events to support your well-being.
Headspace mindfulness and meditation app
Headspace is an app that helps you achieve a clearer and calmer mind, making your day a little lighter and your focus a little sharper so you can show up as your best self.
- Stress less with meditation. With Headspace, you can learn to manage feelings and thoughts with the lifelong skill of everyday mindfulness, any time of day. Access 500+ meditations on stress, resilience, compassion and more.
- Get your best sleep ever. From waking up in the middle of the night to trouble switching off after a long day, a good night’s sleep can be challenging. Learn how to create the conditions for restful sleep and put your mind to bed with relaxing sleep sounds, dreamy music and wind-down exercises.
- Live a mindful life. Being mindful means being present in your life. Make mindfulness part of your daily routine with tension-releasing workouts, relaxing yoga and focus-music playlists. Explore 1,000+ hours of guided exercises, videos and more.
- Become a body in motion. It can be hard to find time or the motivation to exercise. But with Headspace, you can train your body and your mind at the same time with exercises to strengthen your mental and physical well-being.
Already have a Headspace account? That’s great; you can merge your personal account with your company membership on the Rivian enrollment page.
If you need help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the mindfulness research on the Headspace page on The Current.
Learn about working (and parenting) from home.
Daylight anxiety management app (for Blue Shield members)
Built by leading mental health experts, Daylight is a science-backed app that can help you gain control over your worry and anxiety.
How Daylight works
Daylight addresses the underlying causes of your worries and teaches you techniques you can practice in as little as a few minutes a day.
- Answer a few questions about your symptoms and how you’d like to improve.
- Build a toolkit of cognitive behavioral therapy techniques backed by clinical evidence.
- With guided practice sessions, learn to apply Daylight techniques in a variety of real-life situations.
- Receive weekly check-ins and technique tips to help you manage your anxiety and meet your goals.
Daylight is available at no cost to Rivian employees and their dependents over 18 who are enrolled in a Blue Shield medical plan. Get started with Daylight by taking a two-minute quiz.
Unum employee assistance program (EAP)
You and your family members (even your parents and parents-in-law) receive up to three counseling sessions and unlimited 24/7 telephone access to professional consultants, at no cost to you.
Expert counselors are available to help with:
- Substance abuse
- Personal and work relationships
- Family challenges
- Identity theft recovery (learn more)
- Negotiating lower medical bills (learn more)
- Financial or legal resources in times of death or terminal illness (learn more)
You also have unlimited access to EAP resources and online tools so you can:
- Download state-specific templates for power of attorney, trusts and estate planning (learn more)
- Use financial calculators, retirement planners and worksheets
- Access online health management tools and calculators
- Listen to podcasts and watch videos and seminars
- Locate schools, camps, and child and elder care facilities
Visit the Unum site to find the support you need.
Read more on The Current
Find helpful articles and tips curated by the Rivian wellness team.