If you’re continuing your education, Rivian applauds your commitment and will reimburse you—tax free—up to $5,250 per year for tuition and other expenses.
To receive tuition reimbursement for a course, you must have been employed as a full-time Rivian employee for at least 12 months. You must be an active employee in good standing at both the start and the completion of the course.
Eligible expenses include tuition, fees and books associated with eligible coursework offered by an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, including online or remote learning courses from accredited schools. The cost for tools, supplies, meals, lodging or transportation will not be reimbursed.
To be eligible, coursework must be related to your current position and responsibilities—or a probable future position—and approved by the company. Courses related to professional certifications, licensing, test preparation, or hobbies are not eligible.
You are required to notify Rivian of any scholarships, financial aid or other reimbursement you receive.
How to apply
- Once you enroll in a course, complete the tuition assistance form to confirm your eligibility and acknowledgement of program requirements. The form will be routed to the people partner team and your manager for approval.
- You must complete this step before your course starts.
- You will automatically receive a notification in Guidepost on the course end date you provide.
- To receive your reimbursement, submit an official grade record and itemized receipts of your qualifying expenses to the tuition assistance service.
- You will only be reimbursed for qualifying expenses if you completed your course with a grade of B or higher—or “pass” if graded on a pass/fail basis.
- Once approved, you will receive reimbursement for the approved amount through payroll.
For more information, review the tuition assistance policy.